Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Good-quality corn kept for seed.
- ‘It is a trap similar to the one that peasants enter when they feed seedcorn to their starving children.’
- 1.1British Assets set aside for the generation of profit or other benefit in the future.‘small businesses are the seedcorn of the economy’
- ‘the provision of seedcorn capital’
- ‘Selectively chosen, these customers are the seedcorn of the future.’
- ‘What we had to do was to demonstrate that this was seedcorn, and that the money invested in the genome was money well spent.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips