Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The Muslim profession of faith (‘there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah’), one of the Five Pillars of Islam.
- ‘The two uppermost bands of the minaret contain religious texts, with the final inscription appropriately chosen as the shahada, the Muslim profession of faith.’
- ‘Briefly stated, this essential Islam is none other than the first part of the shahadah which every Muslim proclaims numerous times during the course of his or her day: La ilaha il'Llah, there is no deity other than Allah.’
- ‘The other would have the shahadah or Muslim confession of faith: ‘There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger.’’
- ‘As a young man in his late twenties, he made his shahadah (the Muslim declaration of faith).’
- ‘I took my shahada (declaration of faith) that day.’
From Arabic šahāda ‘testimony, evidence’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips