Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
nounmass nouninformal Australian
Inferior alcoholic drink.
- ‘we drank the shypoo deeply, till the lateness of the night’
- ‘He never touched another drop of shypoo so long as he lived.’
- ‘They made for the pubs where shypoo could be had at three pence a pitcher.’
- ‘Workers spent their cheques on fiery spirits or shypoo.’
- ‘Men flocked to the shypoo shops and shanties to slake their thirst.’
- ‘The shipwrights would see how much shypoo they could swallow without dropping.’
Late 19th century origin unknown.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips