Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A large aquatic plant-eating mammal of the order Sirenia, such as a manatee or dugong.
- ‘The remaining sirenians, are seriously threatened by hunting, habitat degradation, and in the case of manatees, collisions with boats in the shallow coastal areas they prefer.’
- ‘Modern sirenians are large, docile, aquatic herbivores.’
- ‘To understand isotopic variation in Florida sirenians, we selected four teeth for serial sampling.’
- ‘All living sirenians are found in warm tropical and subtropical waters.’
Relating to or denoting sirenians.
- ‘This may have supported a strong, fleshy lip with which Thalassocnus grazed seagrass or kelp, much like manatees and their sirenian relatives.’
- ‘The hyrax - elephant - sirenian core is well-accepted on morphological grounds.’
- ‘Corystosiren is a late-surviving dugong at a time when sirenian fossils are exceedingly rare in Florida.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips