Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A large fish of the North Pacific which is an important food fish in Japan.
Erilepis zonifer, family Anoplopomatidae
- ‘Sturgeon, Pacific cod, rockfishes, skilfish and schooling sablefish will swim above and below the tunnel.’
- ‘The skilfish, Erilepis zonifer, is restricted to the continental shelfs and does not enter deep water.’
- ‘It isn't actually a cod at all but a member of the skilfish family, and its white, large-flaked meat is sweet and so rich it makes salmon seem lean.’
- ‘Sablefish is also known as Alaska cod, butterfish, coalfish, and skilfish.’
- ‘From plain old cod, which is not true at all, to Sablefish, butterfish and skilfish, this species has a number of names.’
Late 19th century from Haida sqil.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips