Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of a class of compounds which are fatty acid derivatives of sphingosine and occur chiefly in the cell membranes of the brain and nervous tissue.
- ‘Sphingomyelins are the only sphingolipid that are phospholipids.’
- ‘Previous studies of this phenomenon have focused mainly on systems combining cholesterol with PC and sphingolipids.’
- ‘In biological membranes, sphingolipids are essentially localized on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane.’
- ‘We have modeled sphingomyelin, the most common sphingolipid in mammalian cells, by means of molecular dynamics simulations.’
- ‘The most important sphingolipids are sphingomyelins.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips