Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(especially of a debt claim) no longer legally enforceable owing to a prescribed period of limitation having lapsed.
- ‘The defendant's counsel intends to bring a Rule 21 motion for a determination that the plaintiff's claim is statute-barred.’
- ‘Mr. Nathan submitted that the claims were now statute-barred.’
- ‘This Statement of Case is served without prejudice to the First Defendant's primary contention that the majority of these claims are statute-barred on the following grounds.’
- ‘These claims are not statute-barred because the trial judge said no representations were made.’
- ‘Before each application for removal was filed in this Court, a single judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria had concluded that the claims brought by the applicant plaintiffs were statute-barred.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips