Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1dated, humorous A woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships.
- 1.1archaic A female prostitute.‘It's strumpets like you who are setting back the women's rights movement.’
sex worker, call girl, courtesan
- ‘She eyed the two strumpets who were watching her.’
- ‘She meant something more to him than any of the strumpets he'd dallied with before.’
- ‘He was sighted on Monday night in Po Na Na's with with an arm around number of young strumpets.’
- ‘She acts annoyed by this strumpet disrupting her peace, but really she's annoyed by the flaunting of youth and indiscretion.’
- 1.1archaic A female prostitute.
Middle English of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips