Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Above; over; beyond.‘superlunary’‘superstructure’
- 1.1To a great or extreme degree.‘superabundant’‘supercool’
- 1.2Extra large of its kind.‘supercontinent’
- 1.3Having greater influence, capacity, etc. than another of its kind.‘superbike’‘superpower’chief, principal, foremost, leading, main, pre-eminent, cardinal, major, prime, premier, elite, star, outstanding, ultra-, super-
- 1.4Of a higher kind (especially in names of classificatory divisions)‘superfamily’
- 1.1To a great or extreme degree.
From Latin super-, from super ‘above, beyond’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips