Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1 informal An agency which puts people with articles to exchange or trade in touch with each other.
- ‘radio swap shops remain popular ways to exchange goods in farm communities’
- ‘Also gone was a small swap shop and a burgeoning recycling program.’
- ‘He said: ‘We are taking more needles off the streets than we are giving out, but the purpose of the exchange goes far beyond being just a free needle swap shop.’’
- ‘I came across more than one or two book swap shops on my travels, so if you can part with your book, all the better.’
- ‘In fact it is less interesting than the sort of thing one buys in swap shops, flea markets, street corners, and, until recently, the back corner at Mondo Kim's.’
- 1.1An event to which people are invited to bring articles for exchange or trade.
- ‘Next to my seat was a brochure advertising Tri-Rail train/bus connections to a week-end swap shop and flea market in the area.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips