Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1The action of attaching a label to someone or something.
- ‘the tagging of birds with official numbered metal bands’
- 1.1The attaching of electronic markers to people or goods for monitoring purposes.‘the tagging of remand prisoners’
- ‘a new system of individual sheep tagging’
- 1.2 informal The writing of a nickname or mark on a surface by a graffiti artist.
- ‘tagging is out of control in this city’
- 1.3Computing The adding of an instruction to a piece of text in a markup language in order to specify how it is displayed or interpreted.
- ‘internal review procedures to promote accurate and consistent tagging’
- 1.4The addition of a word, phrase, or name to digital content to identify it as belonging to a particular category or concerning a particular person or topic.
- ‘automatic tagging of your audio files with artist and track information’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips