Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An administrative area in parts of India.
- ‘Over 60 per cent of this area is made up of the single tehsil of Kishtwar, which, in turn, divides equally into four major valley systems.’
- ‘Further, athletic competitions for youth can be organized at the tehsil, district, division, province and national levels.’
- ‘The party will organise public meetings, rallies, demonstrations, dharnas at tehsils, districts and state-level, he added.’
- ‘All activities of the tehsil, the block or the village should be recorded and checks maintained as to where the things are going wrong.’
- ‘This gruesome incident had sent shock waves in the entire tehsil.’
From Persian and Urdu taḥsīl, from Arabic, ‘collection, levying of taxes’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips