Used as a resigned acknowledgement that one has experienced a particular misfortune too often.
- ‘I'm just misunderstood—that's the story of my life’
- ‘‘He's more likely to have run off with a dancer,’ Laura said bitterly. ‘It's the story of my life.’’
- ‘But that's the story of my life - missed opportunities and bad timing.’
- ‘I was running a little late, but then that's the story of my life.’
- ‘He didn't want to, and that's the story of my life.’
- ‘I guess it's the story of my life, I'm always letting down people.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips