Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Having or involving one mode.
- 1.1(of a statistical distribution) having one maximum.‘Both distributions are unimodal and resemble Gaussian distributions.’
- ‘Close to the onset temperature of the gel-to-fluid transition, at 302 K the distribution is unimodal and the maximum is located at cluster size S = 1.’
- ‘In contrast, an exponentially growing population has a smooth unimodal distribution approaching a Poisson distribution.’
- ‘In the case of an infinite lattice the cluster size distribution is unimodal if the population is homogeneous and bimodal when the population is inhomogeneous.’
- ‘The neutral coalescent simulations lead to unimodal distributions of the CV statistics.’
- 1.1(of a statistical distribution) having one maximum.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips