Relating to the planet Uranus.‘Uranian moons are traditionally given Shakespearean names’
- ‘Unlike other large Uranian moons, the surface of Umbriel has remained unchanged since the early times of the Solar System.’
- ‘It was more than sixty years before the next two Uranian moons, Ariel and Umbriel, were discovered.’
- ‘Several of the Uranian moons can be seen, along with bright areas on the cloud-canopied planet itself.’
- ‘After Uranus was discovered in 1781, astronomers inferred the presence of another planet from the shape of the Uranian orbit.’
- ‘Today we're going to visualize the sky from the Uranian moon 1986U10, whose orbit lies between that of two other moons whose orbits are themselves less than 500 kilometers apart!’
- ‘The moons are orbiting even closer to the planet than the five major Uranian satellites, which are several hundred miles wide.’
- ‘The typical Uranian type is primarily different.’
- ‘Fortunately, there is one area of Uranian science - the rings - for which the new Keck observations have been able to test existing theories, and collapse them to one successful explanation for ring behavior.’
(in science fiction) an imagined inhabitant of Uranus.
1Relating to heaven; celestial.
Late 19th century with allusion to a reference to Aphrodite in Plato's Symposium.
A gay man.
gay person, queer person, lesbian, gay
- ‘I suppose in his personal life he considered himself a Uranian’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips