Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A vaccine or vaccination.
- ‘the flu vax’
- ‘We definitely need better flu vax especially for older patients.’
- ‘Did we have a terrible time deciding if John should receive a vax, and if so which one? Horrible time.’
- ‘Spreading misinformation about vaccines (even if you're just criticizing vax schedules) might not seem like a big deal, but it is a very big, life-and-death deal.’
- ‘Traditional vaxes must be kept cold and don't always trigger a sufficient immune response.’
- ‘The vaxes are essentially viral antigens, so they are basically infecting you, albeit at a low intensity.’
1990s abbreviation. See also anti-vax.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips