A large constellation (the Virgin), said to represent a maiden or goddess associated with the harvest. It contains several bright stars, the brightest of which is Spica, and a dense cluster of galaxies.
The sixth sign of the zodiac, which the sun enters about 23 August.
A person born when the sun is in the sign of Virgo.‘Most people know whether they are a Virgo, or a Taurus, or whatever.’
- ‘You say that you do not * feel * like a Virgo, although your Sun is in Virgo.’
- ‘In their day to day lives, many Virgos are quite quiet and submissive - despite, or perhaps because of this, a Virgo in the bedroom is often keen to be in control.’
- ‘Virgo is a conservative energy and conservatism is a word that can be applied to every level of a Virgo's self-expression.’
- ‘Virgos are hard workers because its hard work just being a Virgo, believing that worry keeps the world turning.’
- ‘Zhao Bo is an Aquarius, gentle and quiet, Zhao Hua is a Virgo, active and careful.’
- ‘The woman's name is Janelle, and she's a Virgo just like me.’
- ‘As a Virgo, she exhibits practicality and a matter-of-fact attitude, she has no patience for fiction.’
- ‘Stanley asks her what she is and she tells them that her birthday is next week and that she is a Virgo - virgin.’
- ‘As a Virgo, you may have a tendency to apologize for the fact you even exist, as if there was really no good reason for to have been born!’
- ‘Apparently I am a Virgo, as opposed to a blend of Virgo-Leo, which was kinda cool.’
- ‘You claim to be a Virgo, and, as expected, the miraculous powers of astrology have proven themselves.’
- ‘Clearly it is ridiculous to generalise that all Scorpios will lose something on a given day, or that all Libras will have a lucky Tuesday, or that all Virgos are cleanliness fanatics.’
- ‘Very hard and willing workers, little Virgos often appear to be the typical ‘teacher's pet’ - this is not the case, they just love to keep busy and cannot see the point in idle, wasted time.’
postpositive Used with preceding Greek letter or numeral to designate a star in the constellation Virgo.
- ‘the star Gamma Virginis’
Latin. Virginis is the Latin genitive form of Virgo.