(on scorecards) wide(s)
- ‘extras (lb 10, w 1, nb 18) 29’
nounplural noun Ws, plural noun W's
1The twenty-third letter of the alphabet.
- 1.1Denoting the next after V in a set of items, categories, etc.
2A shape like that of a letter W.
- ‘the W-shaped northern constellation of Cassiopeia’
3North American informal A win or success.
- ‘if the Broncos are to take home a W, it will be up to their defence’
1(in tables of sports results) games won.
3West or Western.‘104° W’
- ‘W Europe’
(on scorecards) wicket(s).
5Women's (clothes size).
- ‘23 in. H x 20.5 in. W x 16 in. D’
The chemical element tungsten.
From modern Latin wolframium.