Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An extended family or community of related families who live together in the same area.
- ‘They always provided the best of opportunities for their children as well as caring for their extended whanau and the Temuka community.’
- ‘The pito or umbilical cord symbolically tied that child to its tribe, its whanau, its hapu, and the land it inherited.’
- ‘The sum of $4 million has been allocated over 4 years to strengthen use of Maori language in whanau and communities.’
- ‘They will also be able to see how their families and whanau interacted with the Government.’
- ‘When I arrived at the Waikare estuary, my whanau were exercising a traditional historical exercise of catching flounder.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips