Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
What's the news?; what's happening? (often used as a friendly greeting).
- ‘But now she's making out with someone else… what gives?’
- ‘Something's got you on Cloud Nine and I know it's not having to come in to work on a Saturday, so what gives?’
- ‘That's three days in a row you've worn your dress blues, what gives?’
- ‘It's been two years since I've seen you, what gives?’
- ‘Hey man, what gives? What's your secret, you know, with the ladies?’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips