Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a chair) with a back incorporating the design of a wheel.
- ‘Happy eaters fill the three large, light rooms, spreading across the pine floors, wheelback chairs, chunky wooden tables and winter log fire.’
- ‘A harlequin set of six wheelback country dining chairs. £1,200 your interest in this item image to enlarge’
- ‘We have a set of five of these wheelback chairs, one carver and four without arms.’
- ‘The dealer stained and scratched and battered them very skillfully and sold them as genuine antique wheelback chairs, proving their authenticity by the wormholes, which he had previously made by riddling the chairs with shot.’
- ‘And here, in this low-ceilinged, pine-paneled room, with its uneven floor and high Victorian desks, one can sit in an original wheelback Windsor chair, surrounded by prints and drawings, old invoices and historic bottles.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips