Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A person who makes or repairs wooden wheels.
- ‘Isaac was a wheelwright and wood turner and probably worked with his father in the spinning-wheel shop.’
- ‘Some wheelwrights would get the local blacksmith to make the tyres (entire rim of steel) the blacksmith would then ‘shoe’ the wheels, sometimes in batches of ten or twelve, one after the other.’
- ‘It was started by the Barrett family and until 1932 it was the home of ironfounders, wheelwrights, millwrights and general engineers.’
- ‘He also commissioned a traditional wheelwright in Lincolnshire to remodel the original carriage wheels.’
- ‘The facilities here extend no further than a long defunct green petrol pump outside the former wheelwright and a pair of stocks.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips