Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
interrogative adverbinformal, dialect US
1In which direction?
- ‘Here came Little Pearl, jumping and dancing and running every whichaway like a thousand hornets were on him.’
- ‘I pushed the line release every whichaway and nothing.’
- ‘The darn thing had inlays, a hand crank, a whirling wheel, strings going every whichaway, a keyboard, tuning pegs, bridges, and even the carved wooden figurehead of a woman peering up at our awestruck mugs.’
2How? in which way?
relative adverbinformal, dialect US
However; in whatever way.
- every whichaway
In a disorderly fashion.‘books are skewed and lounge against one another every whichaway’
- ‘No more making everything a zillion times more complicated than it has to be, no more flinging blame for her mistakes every whichaway like so much monkey manure!’
- ‘Then I got home and had an email from Friendster - some guy I don't know, although he lives in Brooklyn and I'm connected to him every whichaway.’
- ‘It was to be regretted, he would admit if questioned, that the table flipped sideways, causing all those plates and their children to fly every whichaway.’
US informal, dialect
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips