Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1The making of a long, high-pitched cry or sound.
- ‘dogs may exhibit signs of anxiety, such as whining, chewing, and excessive barking’
- 1.1The action of complaining in a feeble or petulant way.
- ‘the constant whining of his greedy, spoiled cousin’
1Making or characterized by a long, high-pitched cry or sound.‘a whining voice’
- ‘a whining engine’
- 1.1Complaining in a feeble or petulant way.
- ‘they sent a whining letter to the Minister of Justice’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips