Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of the armies which opposed the Bolsheviks during the Russian Civil War of 1918–21.
- ‘To help the White Army, troops from Britain, France, Japan and the United States were sent into Russia.’
- ‘In the White Armies were Czechs, alien ex-prisoners of war, and a sprinkling of Allied Staff officers…’
- ‘This is a 44-page book detailing soldiers and officers of the various White Armies that fought in the Northwest of Russia.’
- ‘However, as the Civil War developed, the White Armies began to face major problems and difficulties in organising their campaigns.’
- ‘The White Army, though smaller than the Red, was better equipped and had an abundance of Tsarist officers, some of whom offered to serve as ordinary soldiers.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips