Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A birch tree with white bark, especially the paper birch or the European silver birch.
- ‘Audrey's son, a landscape architect, insists that the front left corner of the yard needs a white birch.’
- ‘The street was overhung by white birches gloriously laden with crimson and gold leaves.’
- ‘For in the end, the white birch, an icon of the American landscape, is frankly form and color, a shape whose impact derives as much from its abstract beauty as from its woodland associations.’
- ‘A white birch stood king of this garden, by which a small pool of water had collected.’
- ‘In eastern Canada, many stands contain a significant proportion of hardwoods such as aspen and white birch.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips