Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Crystalline zinc sulphate.
- ‘A viscous residue in the bottom of each and a foul smell that denoted combinations of alum with white vitriol, sulphate of iron, and of acetate of lead with opium and ipecac.’
- ‘Formerly it was ground finely in oil, either pure or with a mixture of white vitriol and added to the dark oil paints.’
- ‘Some sulfates were formerly known as vitriols; blue vitriol is cupric sulfate, green vitriol is ferrous sulfate, and white vitriol is zinc sulfate.’
- ‘While Lewis ordered a few ounces of some other chemical drugs, such as magnesia, tartar emetic, and white vitriol, he asked for six pounds of ‘salts.’’
- ‘These may be braced and strengthened by bathing the eye with brandy and water, Hungary-water, rose-water with white vitriol dissolved in it.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips