Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1historical A merchant sailing ship.
- ‘Sarah, of Burnsall, near Skipton, was helping to make a documentary commemorating the lives of sailors who rounded the treacherous Cape Horn waters in windjammers - wooden sailing vessels.’
- ‘He witnessed the far reaching changes in his native island: from donkey and horse to vehicles, from windjammers to fast sailing motor boats.’
- ‘One of four cruise ships to be hosted by the Port in a six-day period, Sea Cloud II carries 94 passengers and 56 crew members with the windjammer combining modern comforts and elegant sailing traditions.’
- ‘There is also only one mooring ball in the entire park located about a mile southwest of Loggerhead Key at the wreck of the Avanti, an 1875 three-masted windjammer that sunk on the reef in 1907.’
- ‘If the bearing is correct, the wreck of the windjammer should be exactly below us.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips