Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small coloured fruit-flavoured sweet made with gelatin.
- ‘I waited till she got to the end of the packet, which took under two minutes, and said ‘Thanks for the wine gum Shazzer’.’
- ‘Following recent takeovers, it has now extended its range to include wine gums, fruit pastilles, jelly beans and traditional boiled sweets, toffees and fudge.’
- ‘In their hands they were holding wine gums, jelly babies, digestive biscuits and, in one case, cocktail sausages.’
- ‘Ian had wanted wine gums but the garage didn't have any large packets, only a small tube that would be gone in a couple of mouthfuls, so he brought half-a pound of liquorice allsorts instead.’
- ‘Waiting for the AA to arrive in freezing fog on the M6 last February was no joke either, particularly without heating, a car radio or a ready supply of wine gums.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips