Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rank of officer in the RAF, above squadron leader and below group captain.
- ‘General Bradley went on to serve as an instructor pilot, an operations officer, a fighter wing commander and a numbered air force commander.’
- ‘should flying allowance be structured to encourage people to serve as a squadron leader or wing commander?’
- ‘All group commanders report to the wing commander's office.’
- ‘Mr Boyack, 69, has worked for ex-service personnel and the local community since he retired from the RAF as a wing commander 15 years ago.’
- ‘Adrian Warburton was a wing commander who became one of the most highly decorated airmen of the war.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips