Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A shoe with a long pointed toe, popular in the 1950s.
- ‘Like many young people I ignored advice not to wear winkle-pickers, stilettoes and high platforms, and boy am I paying for it.’
- ‘The tiniest kitten heels in the world, and toes like winkle-pickers.’
- ‘If you were a mod you had to wear winkle-pickers.’
- ‘The days of rock-star wannabe, red winkle-pickers and embarrassing 1980s’ garb are long gone and Kerr leads a sophisticated life.’
- ‘I'm like those women who discovered beehives and winkle-pickers back in the 1950s and still sport them today.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips