Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1A telegraph or telephone wire.
- ‘They would rather do without their wireline telephone than their computer.’
- ‘Convergence became the watchword as boundaries separating local and long-distance, voice and data, cable and telephone, and wireline and wireless services eroded.’
- ‘They'll think nothing of having a wireline phone and two cell phones, one for work and one for friends and family.’
- ‘We believe that the future of the wireline business is broadband.’
- ‘So this idea of a converging in the terminal between wireless and wireline has become real important.’
2(in the oil industry) a cable for lowering and raising tools and other equipment in a well shaft.
- 2.1An electric cable used to connect measuring devices in an oil well with indicating or recording instruments at the surface.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips