Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A well into which one drops a coin and makes a wish.
- ‘In a heart-breaking moment when he was younger his grandparents took him to Disneyworld in the US, and in a wishing well he wished his father was there.’
- ‘The couple started creating accessories for the garden, including hedgehog houses, bird tables and wishing wells, to fund their work designing sets for museums, theatres, theme parks and television.’
- ‘The rest of the money has been raised through events, sponsorship and donations, including mufti days and daffodil days at Merstham Primary School, parachute jumps, a wishing well at Knights Garden Centre, fun runs and raffles.’
- ‘The wishing well in the Rookery Gardens, at the top of Streatham Common, marks the site of one of the ancient mineral wells for which Streatham was famous in the 17th and 18th centuries.’
- ‘It was a place of pebbled walkways, pagodas, stone lanterns, a waterfall, and a wishing well where families and courting couples could give voice to their dreams.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips