Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mechanical arrangement consisting of a toothed wheel worked by a short revolving cylinder (worm) bearing a screw thread.
- ‘An electric motor drives the other input shaft via a worm gear that wraps around the planetary gearset.’
- ‘In the click reel, the wooden screw acts as a continuous wedge turning the worm gear.’
- ‘We don't have to use hydraulic motors or worm gear reduction drives.’
- ‘It features worm gears at both the left end of the rear hub and the right end of the front hub that are connected by rigid, rotating rods.’
- ‘This pinion received its power through a set of extra heavy worm gears controlled by an open and cross belt, producing the reverse movement for tilting the saw in either direction.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips