Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The calcareous or sandy tube of some sedentary marine worms, such as fan worms.
- ‘Ammonoids, gastropods, and serpulid worm tubes are also recorded.’
- ‘A few mineralized animal fossils, including sponge spicules and probable worm tubes, are known from the Vendian period immediately preceding the Cambrian.’
- ‘Thin sections were made of the carbonates containing worm tubes.’
- ‘Yet another mode of preservation is represented by 50 irregularly cylindrical objects originally interpreted by Boyd as silicified burrows or worm tubes.’
- ‘Some of the outgrowths result from the colony encrusting worm tubes or other cylindrical objects but many are solid with a firm gelatinous core.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips