Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Reduce the nominal value of stock or goods.
- ‘The stocks had been written down and a book profit was realisable.’
- ‘As a result, over $82 million of borrowings were written down to $20 million and the company will be able to keep going for another bit.’
- ‘How far those assets have been written down over the years, no one knows.’
- ‘Specific stocks were written down to fair value if an impairment in the value of the entire stock portfolio was considered to be other than temporary.’
- ‘Following poor sales, stocks had been written down by £288,000 on 31 March.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips