Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Timber with one or more surfaces planed smooth.
- ‘The designer has a choice whether to use sawn or wrot timber for the joists and beams’
- ‘The formwork timber may be rough, or wrot, to give a finished surface to the underside of the concrete floor slab.’
- ‘The timber used for the boards should be sawn not wrot.’
- ‘Sawn or wrot timber versions which are subject to warping need to be bolted or mortised and pinned together.’
- ‘Fences of this type are usually painted and are therefore composed of wrot softwood throughout.’
1930s alteration of wrought.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips