Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in humans and other mammals) a sex chromosome, two of which are normally present in female cells (designated XX) and only one in male cells (designated XY).
- ‘In most species males carry a single X chromosome and two autosomes, while females have two copies of both.’
- ‘In contrast to the autosomes, recombination of the X chromosome occurs only in females.’
- ‘The largest cluster of imprinted genes in humans is the X chromosome.’
- ‘Remarkably, almost all of these traits map genetically to the X chromosome.’
- ‘Analysis of males for most loci allowed these loci to be mapped to autosomes or the X chromosome.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips