Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A plant which needs very little water.
- ‘High stomatal frequencies are usually characteristic of leaves of xerophytes.’
- ‘Indeed, this is the explanation offered by the classical and the majority of the modern textbooks on plant physiology or ecology especially when discussing adaptation of xerophytes to their habitat.’
- ‘Ferns generally lack some of the more typical adaptations of xerophytes, such as a thick hypodermis, sunken stomata, and CAM photosynthesis.’
- ‘As she put names to the species around us - lovely names, like pickleweed and coyote melon, Mormon tea and mallow - I imagined them frizzling to extinction on the hillside, leaving a last few, spiny xerophytes to subsist on bare shale.’
- ‘The relatively small and thick leaves, the multilayered mesophyll, the thick outermost epidermal cell walls and the small leaf ICS percentage of C. spinosa constitute features of xerophytes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips