Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sugar of the pentose class which occurs widely in plants, especially as a component of hemicelluloses.
- ‘The pretreated fiber contains sugars, mainly arabinose and xylose and some glucose.’
- ‘The major sugars were glucose, xylose, galactose, and arabinose, while uronic acid, rhamnose, mannose, and fucose represented the minor sugars.’
- ‘There are eight essential saccharides: mannose, glucose, galactose, xylose, fucose, N-acetylglucosamine, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.’
- ‘Because the xylose residues of XGs are attached to the glucan backbone by linkages, it is possible that the xylose is able to rotate around this linkage and so be under-represented in the rigid domain.’
- ‘A standard solution of sugars containing xylose, fructose, glucose, galactose, maltose, lactose, sucrose, and phenyl ß-D-glucopyranoside was chromatographed to determine retention times and relative response factors.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips