Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in humans and other mammals) a sex chromosome which is normally present only in male cells, which are designated XY.
- ‘If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.’
- ‘Genes in the second group are expressed exclusively in testes and form gene families on the Y chromosome.’
- ‘Bone marrow derived cells were identified by the presence of the Y chromosome, ordinarily found only in males.’
- ‘This is particularly so for sheltered chromosomes without recombination such as the Y chromosome in mammals.’
- ‘Evidence for concerted evolution of repeated sequences on the human Y chromosome has recently been presented.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips