Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Australian A small freshwater crayfish.
Genus Charax, infraorder Astacidea, in particular the common C. destructor
- ‘Blackfish can also be great sport in coloured water by using your bream rig and fresh yabbies.’
- ‘Alberta beef was replaced with squid, crab, crayfish and something fishy called yabbies.’
- ‘Even bait gathering such as pumping yabbies you require a permit.’
- ‘Once again it is fresh yabbies that are taking the most fish.’
- ‘I was taught to swim in the creek, and taught how to fish on the beach, and how to get sandworms, yabbies and pippies, which we used for our bait.’
- ‘Cherax tenuimanus, a crayfish of W. Australia, related to the yabby, but larger, in fact the third largest crayfish in the world.’
- 1.1‘The Yabby is a small freshwater crayfish endemic to South Eastern Australia.’‘Freshwater yabbies are crayfish of the genus Cherax (infraorder Astacidea, family Parastacidae). They are often caught for food.’
Late 19th century from Wemba-wemba (an Aboriginal language of SE Australia).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips