Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in materials that do not exhibit a well-defined yield point) the stress at which a specific amount of plastic deformation is produced, usually taken as 0.2 per cent of the unstressed length.
- ‘The yield strength is the stress required to produce a small-specified amount of plastic deformation.’
- ‘It's yield strength is less than the force needed to subduct it.’
- ‘High-strength structural carbon steels have yield strengths greater than 275 MPa and are available in various product forms.’
- ‘Medium-carbon ultrahigh-strength steels are structural steels with yield strengths that can exceed 1380 MPa.’
- ‘The main alloy ingredients offer high yield strengths.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips