Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Used to acknowledge that a fact is new to one.
- ‘Answering the suggestion that he would have landed at least one of the penalties, he added ‘hindsight's a great thing… you live and learn’.’
- ‘I don't know… you live and learn, maybe there are people who go around just assaulting young fellas.’
- ‘There's a lot of things I wouldn't have done if I had to do it again, but you live and learn.’
- ‘I thought it was better odds than the lottery, but you live and learn.’
- ‘Oh well, we live and learn - and I've learned that life is better being a shrewd saver, rather than a bonkers borrower!’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips