Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Zen meditation, usually conducted in the lotus position.
- ‘In her meditations during zazen she counted her breaths from one to ten.’
- ‘One of the things Zen means is the effort of practicing meditation, zazen.’
- ‘When I teach zazen, I teach according to Suzuki Roshi's lineage.’
- ‘My Buddhist teachers urged me to keep on sitting zazen.’
- ‘If you sit in zazen, divorced from the rest of Buddhist practice, I'm afraid it's not Zen Buddhism.’
- ‘To practice zazen is to attain this kind of self-respect.’
- ‘Lay people didn't necessarily participate in zazen.’
- ‘During zazen he napped or turned in his warm, tidepool world.’
- ‘Every day I do zazen and it is the most important part of my day.’
Japanese, from za ‘sitting’ + zen (see Zen).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips