Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to Zimbabwe or its people.
- ‘Hundreds of people jam-packed an auditorium in the Zimbabwean capital for the second annual beauty pageant.’
- ‘The Zimbabwean countryside was covered by immaculate maize and tobacco plants.’
- ‘That fateful final pass was too early and a soft job for the Zimbabwean goalkeeper.’
- ‘She set up a film company with her Zimbabwean husband.’
- ‘She commended him for maintaining the same characters unlike local soaps on Zimbabwean television.’
A native or inhabitant of Zimbabwe, or a person of Zimbabwean descent.
- ‘After yesterday's triumph, the Zimbabwean now stretches his lead on the chart to 30 points after three victories in four series.’
- ‘Perhaps it is slightly worrying for Australians that the Zimbabweans got on top of the Australian bowling at the end.’
- ‘They are taking lessons in Portuguese and have begun a weekly study group for fellow Zimbabweans new to the area.’
- ‘The Zimbabwean kept fighting and when his left foot connected properly with the ball he posed a threat to the goalie.’
- ‘The youthful Zimbabwean said his day was going well.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips