Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
another term for zip
A type of cigarette lighter with a hinged lid, using petrol as fuel.
- ‘The only lighter products available are components for re-usable lighters, like a Zippo.’
- ‘On top of the pile was a Zippo and a bottle of lighter fluid.’
- ‘He produced a Zippo and flicked it open, lighting Williams' cigarette.’
- ‘He took out a cigarette and lit it with a silver Zippo with what I guessed were his initials, J.M. engraved onto one side.’
- ‘I reached into my pocket and fished out my Zippo, quickly flipping the top back and lighting it.’
1930s of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips