Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An alloy of zirconium, tin, and other metals, used chiefly as cladding for nuclear-reactor fuel.
- ‘The conductor wire 20 is attached to the inside of the open end of the zircalloy tip 12 by using a silver braze filler.’
- ‘In the early 1980s, the discovery of some pieces of zircalloy in a moderator pump in MAPS Unit - 1 was traced to the problem of substantial cracking of the reactor inlet manifold.’
- ‘Corpac detects active, localized corrosion and pitting in stainless steel, carbon-steel, aluminum alloys, zircalloy and more.’
- ‘Commercial nuclear fuel rods are comprised of zircalloy tubing, uranium pellets, and zirconium end caps mounted with springs.’
- ‘This fuel exists in a number of different chemical forms with different types of metal cladding (e.g., zircalloy, aluminum, stainless steel) and with uranium - 235 enrichment levels ranging from a few percent to more than 90 percent.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips