Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mole rat of eastern Asia that builds up large food stores in its burrows, found in high-altitude grasslands.
Genus Myospalax, family Muridae: six species
- ‘Many species of birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians seek refuge and breed in zokor burrows.’
- ‘This study supported the hypothesis that plateau zokor kept their gut capacity stable in the natural environment.’
- ‘Meanwhile the field investigation also showed that soil hardness affected the distribution of the zokor.’
- ‘Zheng speculated that zokors derived from middle Miocene Plesiodipus, which some researchers place close to the ancestry of arvicolines.’
- ‘With increase of soil hardness, digging duration in incisors significantly increased, but dried soil mass dug out by the zokors in each bout reduced.’
Alocal name in the Altai Mountains.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips