Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A spore of certain algae, fungi, and protozoans, capable of swimming by means of a flagellum.
- ‘Even multicellular chromists, like brown algae and water molds, produce flagellated zoospores of this type.’
- ‘Oedogonium grows in two different ways, through zoospores, or through syngamy of sperm and egg.’
- ‘This suggests that infected host cells were negatively selected by the parasite zoospores under these conditions.’
- ‘Under these conditions, the overwintering resting spores germinate and can infect plants directly or through the production of zoospores.’
- ‘For example, copper ions (from copper oxychloride) are toxic to the zoospores of grapevine downy mildew, thus preventing infection.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips